Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My Last Blog Entry Before Arriving In Beijing!

Ok, so this is my last full day in the United States for, well, at least a year! Or, until I visit next Christmas. Either way, it's gonna be a long damn time! HA HA! I can't believe it is really happening! It hit me Sunday that I'm not packing for a vacation, but for an actual move to the other side of the world! CRAZY! Especially crazy since I can only check two bags and take a carry on and a laptop! So, I stuffed those babies full, but not too full, because I don't wanna pay a bajillion dollars for overweight luggage!!! I leave REALLY early tomorrow morning for the airport. Thank you underwear bomb terrorist!!! Anyway, I fly out of DC at 12:15pm. I land in China at 6:20pm THURSDAY evening. Yes, Thursday! I'll be in the air for about 16 hours. Add in the 11 hour time difference and I lose an entire day! Anyway, representatives from Xinhua are meeting me at the airport Thursday night. They will drive me to a hotel and I will get a wake-up call at 8:30am Friday. A driver and someone from Xinhua will take me around Beijing to do some paperwork, help exchange money, get a cell phone and move into my apartment! Busy times! The good news? I will have Friday night, Saturday and Sunday to adjust to the time change and settle into my new home before I have to go to work on Monday. Surreal, right? But, I'm soooooo excited! I am at total peace with my decision to move and believe this is going to be an AMAZING year!!!! I can't wait to see what awesome opportunities, adventures, people etc... God throws my way! Don't worry, I'll keep you posted on all of it!!! OK. I'm done for now! Pray for me! I'll give you another update once I'm in Beijing and have a second to sit down!!! PEACE!!!

3 comments:

  1. omg, this is so exciting! i've added ur blog to my blogroll & can't wait to see what u're up to! it sounds like u're right where u need to b & i love that u're looking at this huge change as an adventure...what an amazing experience! saying a prayer for ur safe travels...can't wait to see/hear how life across the world is going 4 ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeremy - I'm really excited for you! I remember you talking about doing something like this way back when we worked together. I wish you all the luck in the world!!!
    Take care!!
    Nicole Lenderking

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a good time -- glad you're keeping a blog for this next chapter in your life!

    ReplyDelete