Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy 2010! It's gonna be one to remember...

So, it's the first day of 2010 and I'm really excited about this year! I'm gonna spend it in China!!! I officially got my work VISA on Wednesday. It took several weeks and two trips to the Chinese Embassy in DC, but I got it! My plane ticket has been booked. I take off for the Far East on Wednesday, January 13th. In short, I have a week and a half before I'm living in Beijing. Can you say, WOAH! I moved outta my Norfolk apartment on Tuesday. I'm staying with my family until I take off. I still don't have an apartment in Beijing, but a realtor there promises me I will by the time I arrive. I told her I trust her and she said, quote, "It is my greatest honor" to find you a place to live! Greatest honor? Not sure about that, but hey, if it gets me a cool pad in China I'm all about it! HA HA HA! Anyway, leaving WTKR didn't go as planned :-) I'll fill ya in later! But, I did have the chance to say goodbye to pretty much everyone I will miss. It's crazy to think I spent two years in Norfolk! I remember moving there like it was just yesterday! SHEW! Scary to think 2010 will be here and gone before we know it! But, alas, it is time for a new adventure. I gotta be honest. I've never felt more at peace about something than I do about this trip to Beijing. I believe it's exactly what I need to be doing right now and I'm so grateful for the opportunity. OK, enough sappy stuff for now! I'll save it for later, because I'm sure there will be more sap over the next year. HA HA! Thanks for keepin' up with me! I promise to update you as much as possible. You do the same! Here's to an awesome 2010!!!!!! Peace!

1 comment: