Monday, December 14, 2009

The move, departure and start date and life on an air mattress!

So, I'm writing this post while sitting on an air mattress in the middle of my living room floor in Norfolk. The reason? My sister and buddy Zack helped move everything I own on Saturday. I'm left with the air mattress, my computer, a tv, some clothes and good ol' Cheerio (she's the cat :-) I will be here until the end of the month then move back to Broadway, VA until I depart for Beijing. Speaking of the departure, I just got an email from Xinhua saying they're flying me to China on Wednesday, January 13th. I won't get to Beijing until late Thursday or Friday, because of 12 hour time difference and long-ass flight! I start work on Monday, January 18th. So, everything is coming together! Well, I don't have an apartment in Beijing yet, but a realtor is looking for me. She's supposed to send me some options soon. I hope she hurries up. Can you imagine Crider homeless in China?? HA HA! Anyway, this entire process is unreal. It still hasn't fully hit me that I'm about to spend a year in China. I don't think it really will until the goodbye's happen and I'm officially living there. So, if I seem out of it or crazy for the next few weeks --- be patient with me! I'll keep ya posted!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment